A nice hike starts heading south from the Ecopark gate rising gently around hills directly above the sub sea level agricultural plain of the Jordan Rift Valley to which it briefly descends, passing by fields before rising into the hills. Continuing south, paths and tracks cross the hilltops before a good track descends SW to the hot springs and natural arch beyond which a country lane leads to the Greco-Roman ruins of Pella with the Rest House on the hill above and the Countryside Hotel and homestays in the village of Tabgat Fahl below. We continue up the side of the impressive valley of Wadi el Jirim directly behind the ruins to emerge through pine trees onto upland meadows.
-Expected time of departure 07:00 (from our office).
-Expected time of return 16:30.
-Total distance of the hike is 12 km.
-This hike is moderate.
What is provided:
- Morning coffee and cookies.
- Drinking water.
- Lunch.(healthy sandwiches; vegetarian and gluten free option available)
- Snacks and Bedouin tea.
- Camera: we will take pictures - and are happy to lend you our camera to take pictures yourself and will share the photos afterwards with you
- First aid equipment
- Transportation to and from the Wadi.
- Professional trained guide.
What to bring:
-Reliable (sport/hiking) shoes
-A Warm jacket.
-ID or photocopy of passport.
-Your fun spirit :)
Price: 40 JDs per person